Tobacco facts 2009
The facts and figures regarding tobacco use around the world are staggering. For instance, did you know that worldwide:
- approximately 10 million cigarettes are purchased a minute
- 15 billion cigarettes are sold each day
- 5 trillion cigarettes are produced and used on an annual basis
Did you know that the filters alone from 5 trillion cigarettes weighs 2 billion pounds? Staggering to think about, isn’t it.
Smoking is a deadly pastime that damages our bodies and our environment. There is absolutely nothing to recommend it. It kills and pollutes – period.
If you’re looking for some motivation to stop smoking, or have just quit and need to build your resolve to keep going, use the facts in this article to fuel the fire in your belly to kick this destructive habit, once and for all.
- Japan Tobacco quarterly profit jumps
- Japan MPs to begin debating sale of govt stake in Japan Tobacco
- In Ireland More Employed People Smoke After the Smoking Ban
- Smoking Facts for Parents and Teens
- Stopping Smoking Cigarettes