Imperial shows that smoking – in comfort – is allowed
Imperial Tobacco has launched a campaign to support smokers, according to a story in The Grocer.
The Imperial Tobacco’s Smoking Allowed campaign aims to support the UK’s 12 million adult smokers by installing ‘high-quality’ smoking areas across the UK.
The first area opened last week at Bristol airport, providing ventilation, heating, lighting, shelter and hand gel.
Imperial’s headquarters is at Bristol, but the company’s general manager, Amal Pramanik, said further sites were planned.
“It is appropriate for us to initially work with our hometown airport as over one million passengers each year are adult smokers,” he said.
“Imperial Tobacco is committed to working with many locations to provide high-quality facilities for smokers.”
- Imperial Tobacco opens airside smoking balcony at Birmingham Airport
- Aberdeen airport opens pre-flight smoking zone
- Japan Tobacco International opens smoking lounges in Frankfurt airport
- Imperial Tobacco introduces JPS Tobacco
- Imperial Tobacco launches Golden Virginia Smooth 8g Handy Pack